Many companies with pallet racking systems installed, could benefit from a racking inspection training course. This course is available for the individual responsible for the racking safety within your workplace. It provides them with key knowledge to expand their understanding on the following: guidelines, legal responsibilities and requirements.
What does the course include?
All providers of the course will offer slightly different content, however generally, the following subjects are covered:
- The different types of pallet racking and how they differentiate between each other.
- Identification of all the different racking components and parts.
- Awareness of the racking structure and how it should be.
- Learn the importance of annual and regular racking inspections.
- Understand the difference between the types of inspections as well as record keeping and how to find the recordings.
- Gain knowledge on the equipment used.
- Find out how to prevent any damage to any of the structure or parts.
The benefits to your business
Racking inspection training courses can be beneficial to your business for many reasons. Some of which include:
- A cost-effective way of carrying out regular pallet racking inspections.
- Ensures that your pallet racking system is in accordance with SEMA guidelines.
- Allows you to comply with legal requirements and regulations.
- Expands your employee’s knowledge and understanding.
Different ways to complete the training
There are two different ways how you could carry out the training course – this is either in person or online, but the options may vary dependant upon your chosen supplier. In person the training may be carried out at a specialist training facility or at your warehouse. The online training could be completed on video conferencing software such as Skype, Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
Although both methods are an effective way of completing the training course, many course to do the course in person due to the fact they don’t find it as useful not being face-to-face with the trainer.